On the technology front, Lincoln continues to amaze. He has nearly mastered his mommy's iPhone and can bring up and interact with (kid friendly) apps. And like all i6 males, he is hypnotized by cartoons (which is pretty handy when he is 'all-done' at a restaurant - and Mommy & Daddy are not). He still pretends pretty much everything with buttons is a phone (calculators included, but who besides his Grammy has one of those). Linc video chats like a pro and probably will grow up thinking that it is customary to have most long distance phone calls as video instead of voice only.
In spite of all this (and luckily so), he is more than happy to play with his wooden trains, or color with crayons & chalk. I guess technology is so integrated in his life that he doesn't think a toy is cooler just because it is battery powered, all toys are just different types of fun.
This next section is for the geeks out there so I won't be too offended if you just stop reading...
![]() |
| Lincoln Says: |
Are they all gone? Okay, let's get a little dorky.
I was looking at the Google provided Stats for this blog, and a few interesting trends emerged. The two most obvious were that viewership peaks on Friday night / Saturday and the most common traffic referring URL is http://cyndiandmatt.blogspot.com. (Though http://tandaisaacs.blogspot.com could catch up with increased promotion of this site). There are a few surprises as well.
The first is that we have a (barely) international audience. With nearly 13 thousand pageviews, we also have a few visitors from across the globe (at least according to their IP address). Not really sure what a good explanation is, besides bad IPs or crawlers. Maybe you all need your teami6 fix on vacation, or we're the Hasselhoffs of the blogosphere.
Country PageViews
|
Breaking all visitors down by web browser and operating system (CONUS included), our viewership (you guys) is split between Internet Explorer, Firefox, & Safari (with IE taking the biggest chunk). Chrome had a much smaller slice. I would have thought it would be larger, but I guess people are still moving from IE->Firefox->Chrome, instead of just making the leap to Chrome. Unsurprisingly, Windows was the main Operating System used to access our site (70%!), with iDevices next, and Android bringing up the rear.
The last gem I'll leave you with (if you are still with me after all that talk of browsers and O/S's) is a dissection of our Most Popular Posts (MPPs). The first thing that's notable here, is that people are interested in comparing 'Current Lincoln' to 'Year-a-go Lincoln', so a post from around that same time the previous year floats into the list of MPPs. Then other people click on it and it hits that tipping-point where it gets pushed to the tops of the MPPs and gets even more views. This doesn't happen every week, but I have seen this phenomena quite a few times.
Other MPPs include the Fortune Cookie picture that Stacie linked to from an apparently popular "How did you tell your family that you were pregnant" post on another blog. The MPPs also constantly contain one about a certain farm which I won't name here (but also sounds like an inappropriate word). I don't know if people were searching for the farm, or for the item identified by the alternate spelling (both which would be quite a few google pages in) but that post (Fall for Lincoln) was constantly getting pageviews until we removed the name of the farm. It still gets hits (and I am sure will get more since I pointed you towards it). Maybe we made one of those 'awkward family photo top ten sites' or something.
It is one of the great mysteries of this blog I'm not sure I'll figure out...


I already found out apparently I have too much time on my hands by the time I reached your reference to me :)
ReplyDeleteI myself went ie -> ff -> chrome -> ff
I think ff8 and on is a better experience than chrome.