Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Team i6 Takes on A Very Happy Valentine's Day

First off...

Team i6 had a fabulous Valentine's Day that started a day early.  When I came home Monday evening after running to the grocery store while Todd picked up Lincoln...SURPRISE our babysitter, Mary, was there entertaining Linc and Todd whisked me off for a lovely date night!  (Well, after I put away all the perishables first)  So off we headed to a fantastic dinner at The Palm Restaurant where Todd had made reservations.  Fancy, I know.  The food was so SO good, our server was the best, we had great wine, everything about it was perfect!  Then we went and had coffee and headed home just in time to put Linc to bed.  Also Feb 13th just happens to be a pretty wonderful night in it's own right for Todd & I, since 8 years ago Todd surprised me (that time he had some help from Matt & Cyndi) and asked me to marry him.

Lincoln had a great 2nd Valentine's Day.  He wore a special Valentine's Day shirt to school.  He got to wear it one other time before I sent him to school in it - I knew it would be ruined by the end of the day and boy was I right...I cannot buy my child white cloths!  RIP cute Valentine's shirt from babygap.  Maybe I can die the white part pink or something.

So anyway, moving on, I was that over achieving Mommy who made valentines (the ones I posted about below) for his whole class even though technically they don't start doing class valentines until he hits the next classroom level.  But you know what, the idea I found was so cute I could not resist.  He did get a valentine in return at school from sweet little Miss J.

I made my two favorite guys a giant pan of lasagna and garlic bread too.  YUM.  And for dessert I made strawberry cheesecake bars.  Though instead of cheesecake, Lincoln got to finally enjoy his vanilla cupcake from Sweetz Bakery that we saved for him from this past weekend.  After dinner Todd & Linc got to open thier Valentines, Linc opened a card from his Grammy (an ELMO one) & he got a new book, Snuggle Puppy, from Mommy & Daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers