
Please note that this morning was traumatic for all that were involved, however I think the most so for Mama. Also note that Lincoln is OK.
Our morning routine usually consists of us getting up and showering and then we go get Lincoln and put him in his little bouncy chair on the floor of the bathroom where he stays while we get ready. Well he has recently been trying to rollover, crawl out of, and just generally escape the clutches of the bouncy seat! He does not care that he is strapped in, he does everything within his power to try to get out and go explore the rest of the bathroom. And even if he weren't working on his degree in Houdinism he is about 3 inches from having his back touch the ground since he's been steadily packing on the pounds...so basically he is growing out of current child wrangling system that we have setup for the mornings. This.is.not.good.
Today as I was finishing getting ready I saw that Linc had contorted himself and had his left leg completely thrown over the right side of the seat, thinking that this was not a good thing I decided that I would just take him out while I finished putting on my jewelry and perfume. Exactly 2 seconds after I had laid him on our bed and turned to grab my rings off of my nightstand Lincoln had catapulted his little ninja self off our bed and landed face down on our (thank G-d, carpeted) floor. I think we were both pretty stunned at what had just happened. I scooped him up, did a once over and then we both started crying...simultaneously Todd heard the "thud" and ran up the stairs to find us in the hallway. Daddy took Linc and checked him over too. As far as we could tell there were no bumps or bruises and soon the crying had stopped (for Lincoln).
Long story short beginning today we are shopping for a second jumperoo/exersaucer for a safe place for Linc to hangout while we get ready in the mornings.
Long story short beginning today we are shopping for a second jumperoo/exersaucer for a safe place for Linc to hangout while we get ready in the mornings.

though it is scary, this is only the first of all his bumps and brusies. Glad he is ok!!!
ReplyDelete