Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Team i6 Takes on The Lost Weeks

What?  What!  I know, I know I have been M.I.A for a bit.  Life has been, well, life.  I am tired.  I am feeling like I am a million months pregnant and blogging has really taken a backseat this time around.  But I am going to try to catch you all up on the happenings of The Isaacs' over the past few weeks.

We are continuing to get Linc's new room together.  The furniture delivery that we had been looking forward to did not go so smoothly.  As in the headboard was not made properly, and some holes were drilled too high and they had to reorder us a new one.  So like the one thing that was important to moving him into his new room, the bed, was the one thing that did not get setup.  Awesome.  Oh well, such is life.  the good news is that Linc is super duper excited to get into his new room.  He digs the new wall color and his firetruck theme, and he thinks his new furniture is cool...though he does keep trying to climb the nightstand.

We attended a really fun bday party for Linc's girl-pal Miss J.  It was a science party at a place called Curiosity Zone.  The kids had a blast.  They put them in little white lab coats, so cute.  And they learned the differences between certain animals, like alligators and crocodiles among other pairs. 
Lincoln got to play "baker man" and helped me mix up a batch of sugar cookies.  We had a good time and he was actually a really good helper and he loved helping me with the electric mixer.  Mommy did not really do a good job of reading the recipe ahead and realized after we got it mixed up we needed to have it be refrigerated for 12hrs before we could roll it and cut out cookies...opps.  It was still fun...and to be continued. 
We finally got around to finishing up cookies later in the weekend and even though I gave half the dough to The Aldersons it still made way more cookies that I figured it would.  Linc enjoyed rolling out the dough and did a pretty good job using the cookie cutters.
At School they started a new theme, Winter Wonderland.  They are reading books about polar bears and other Arctic creatures.  His teacher did a project with his class where they painted a polar bear and she also started a story and asked them to finish some of the sentences of the story, sort of mad-lib like, sort of.  His teacher said Lincoln tried to finish every sentence and barely let the other kids have a turn.  He was very enthusiastic...per usual. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers