Weight: 25.7 lbs
Sleep: Our sweet little man has been sleeping exceptionally well lately! He even slept in this past Sunday morning until almost 8am, it was spectacular! Hoping he keeps this up and we all get to sleep in a little this weekend.
Food: Linc tried garlic primavera risotto this week and thought that it was pretty tasty. And I think I may have gotten him to eat at least one or two sugar snap peas, but his food love this week has been organic yobaby blueberry yogurt (but the kid will not eat fresh blueberries, go figure) I think he's eaten it with his dinner 3 nights this week.
Word List: Mama, Dada, Daa-dee, banana, uhoh, bye bye, touchdown, all done, book, night night, hi, thank you, yes, ball, more, dog, no, please, out, baby, bubbles, uhoh spaghetti-O's, beep beep, car, boom, shoes, up, choo choo, boat, cheese, juice, eggs, mine, eye(s), happy, pizza, apple, day, down, BooBoo Bear, go go, yogurt, please, snap, ouch
Signs: more, milk, eat, all done, please, banana, water, puppies, cheese, outside, bed, help, meat/chicken
Best Moment This Week: Finally getting our new blog look up and running! You like? There are still a few minor fixes that will take place but the overall design is a winner for sure!
Linc had two special days at school this week, Tuesday was "Beach Day" and they got to wear their swimsuits to school and have water play outside. I am so bad bad bad at thinking ahead and taking pictures of him in the morning on speical themed school days...I only think about it after the fact (bad Mommy)! Anyway he looked super cute in his little orange board shorts with sharks on them and then his black and brown spf shirt with a shark fin on the hood. Adorbs. His teachers said he had a blast and just loved the water - shocker - They will also be having water play every Thursday throughout the summer, good thing we bought the mega pack of swim diapers from BJs.
Today (Friday) they had Red, White, & Blue day. So he was dressed in a little navy & white gingham collard romper with a dog in a red race car on the side...please note I love rompers I don't think they could be any cuter and I will die when I can no longer put him in them. Moving on, so they were making RW&B snacks, having a parade, and doing a flag/4th of July craft during art time. I stopped by while I was out picking up lunch so I could see the parade, well the babies didn't end up participating but I did get to see Linc having a grand ol' time out on the playground running up and down the hills with what is apparently his favorite toy ever at daycare. According to his teachers he has to have that specific toy when they go out side, first thing he runs to and if anyone else has it it is a fight to the death (not really people, come on he's a toddler not an MMA fighter) and Linc aways wins (persistent little sucker)!
Worst Moment This Week: Nada.
What We're Looking Forward To:
Tot Shabbat w/ Miss Nell
A visit to the Reston Zoo at some point this weekend
Gymboree (it's been a while I think we've missed the last 2 weeks so I am sure Linc is ready to get to climbing things he's actually allowed to climb)
Some lounging by the baby pool & hopefully a playdate with the Alderson boys.
Fireworks
Booked our tickets to Indiana for the end of August!
Movement: Non-stop. Seriously. We've gone for several walks after dinner this week and one day we went down to our community playground and I think Linc climbed it at least 10 times in a row and went down the curly slide by himself. Well, Todd would go with him on the low parts and I would tag-team and run around to the high part and climb the ladder up and then go along with him to the slide part and then he would go down by himself. Then Todd would catch him and I would climb down a different ladder and run back around and do it all over again - great exercise!
Also he is perfecting his karate skills:
Milestones: Managing meltdowns; If you haven't witnessed a tantrum firsthand yet, you may very soon. Tantrums are an expression of frustration over something a toddler can't do, either physically or because it's not allowed. Mix in fatigue or hunger, and kaboom!
As much as you may wish you could soothe the savage beastie right away, there's no magic formula. A tantrum usually burns itself out faster if you act neutral or even ignore it instead of responding with a sympathetic cluck or rational explanation.
Once your child calms down, offer him a lap and a chance to regroup. Try distraction (rather than giving in to something you refused). Don't punish a tantrum. At this age, your child can't help himself.
AND...Just Because:
![]() |
| Guinness Says Hi Too |




No comments:
Post a Comment