Thursday, August 25, 2011

Quake, Rattle, and Roll

We'll kids I just thought I would take a moment and write up a quick lil' blog post about our exciting Tuesday. 

August 23rd 2011
1:51pm
I was sitting at my desk on the 6th (top) floor of my office building when my computer started to shake and I was beyond confused and that's when I realized it wasn't just my computer, the whole stinking building was swaying.  And then promptly ran down to my friends office and stood in her doorway.  And then we all evacuated the building while I tried to reach Todd on my cell.  There was no phone service since probably everyone was trying to call at once, but I was able to get on facebook and see a ton of people posting "EARTHQUAKE"!  Facebook is the new CNN y'all. ;-)

1:51pm
Lincoln was snoozing, snugly on his cot at daycare.  Slept through the whole thing.  Earthquake?  What earthquake?

So anyway we are all fine, our house is fine, our city is fine.  And now we can say we've been through an earthquake, a 5.8 one at that!

And lastly because I think it is funny and it pretty much sums up the "damage" out here in the 'burbs...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers