Friday, August 31, 2012

Team i6 Takes on Week 138

We are on the road this week, live from Cleveland!  In town to visit the i6 family since this maybe one of the last trips we are able to schedule in before I can't travel anymore and player 2 arrives.

We had another good week, hectic per usual, but mostly good.  The weekend seemed like it flew by - don't they always...  Friday night we had planned to pick Linc up and head to the Reston Zoo for their Family night when they are open late on Fri, but apparently that stopped like mid August.  So plan B was to make a stop at Lake Fairfax park basically right next door and eat our dinner there.  Linc and Daddy had fun walking down the river bed and over a few bridges.
Saturday we pretty much spent chilling out, I slept a LOT, which was ah-maz-ing!  We hit up Gymboree Sunday morning and then we went with The N's to the Train Show at the Dulles Expo Center. The boys had a great time, and we tried not to hyperventilate too much when they tried to touch the toy trains on display.  Then of all the trains there, the boys each respective picked a garbage truck and a fire truck, no trains for them.  
I baked a ton of cookies this week!  We may or may not have eaten quite a few of them too, I think I seriously over estimated the amount of cookie dough I needed. They were meant for his teachers.  I made up boxes of of chocolate chip cookies to take to his Chipmunk teachers to thank them for a great few months. 
It was so adorable, Linc wanted to help me carry the bag of cookies into his teachers so he took one handle and I took the other and we walked into the building.  And all along the way he would stop everyone that passed by us to tell them he was taking his teachers cookies. He was so proud.  He walked into his classroom and loudly announced he had "Cookies for my teachers, not the kids, just the teachers".  (sorry kids no cookies for you this time...)

And since Wednesday was his last day in his class and his daycare was closed Thursday & Friday we asked if Mary and Cortney if they would be available to come hang out with Linc for the day while we were at work - trying to save all the vacay we can for early next year when player 2 joins us...  They said yes!  And they had a super fun day filled with lots of playing and a trip to the zoo and a trip to Mary's house and some gardening.  Linc had a blast with them!  And we are so thankful that they love spending time with our crazy little guy!  Thanks again Mary & Cortney, you guys rock.

And then Friday we hit the road to Cleveland for the long weekend and I will most definitely have updates and pictures to come.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers