Total weight gain/loss: Oh I am sure there will be a gain, especially after my splurges this past weekend. Update to come...didn't have time to do it before work today. **Update: Somehow I do not know but I didn't gain a thing.
Maternity clothes? Yes please, especially in the pants department...the bump is definitely growing. Although, I did get a new shirt & sweater that are non-maternity when I was in Indiana at Elder Beerman shopping with my mom.
Sleep: Going OK, I do find myself on my back every once in a while, and I know I am not supposed to be sleeping like that anymore. =(
Best moment this week: LOTS of great moments this week! Attending our 20wk ultrasound, just laying there anticipating whether the tech was going to say “boy” or “girl” that is a crazy moment. I have no regrets in finding out now rather than at birth, it is still an amazing surprise no matter when you find out and doing it this way was a really nice way to bond with Todd over it, it was a very sweet moment. It would have been nice at birth too, but there would be so much going on, it was nice to just lay there and appreciate that we were having a son. It is wonderful to know that a little boy is in there and being able to call him Mr. Bun is fun.
Seeing my mom and my family while visiting Indiana over the weekend. It was so great to see my aunts & uncles & cousins (and their babies), most of whom I had not seen in at least 2 years or so. My Grandma, who crochets beautiful little blankets and such made me two receiving blankets and brought pattern books for me to look through so that I could pick one I liked so she will make a larger blanket for Mr. Bun, and Todd & I got to pick the colors too!
Food cravings: Not so much cravings because I am pregnant, but more cravings because it’s been a year since I had been back to Indiana! I had Jon Wong’s Chinese food (YUM, eggrolls, fried rice, & shrimp w/ lobster sauce, I swear there is nothing like it), A blended vanilla banana chai from Courthouse Coffee, biscuits & gravy, homemade strawberry jam from my Grandma, and chocolate custard ice cream from The Chief. ;)
Movement: Oh yeah! Mr. Bun has been very active lately. I first started to know that I felt him during the ultrasound, I guess seeing him move around so much made it register that the funny flutter in my tummy was indeed the little guy movin’ around.
And I guess only time will tell, but he either really likes flying and was enjoying himself by doing flips & kicks or he really didn’t like it at all and was kicking me for making him motion sick. I am hoping for the former since I see quite a few plane trips back to Indiana in our future.
He is also pretty active in the evenings before bed, Todd and I have been playing some Frank Sinatra, other old standards, and jazz to him before bed, Mr. Bun has definitely been getting his groove on. But don’t worry we are not playing the music too loud…we don’t want to hurt his little baby ears.
Gender: It’s a BOY! We are officially Team Blue!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I miss: Um not having swollen feet, uh gross. WTF I did not sign up for that so soon, I hope it changes once the weather cools down. Oh and totally non-pregnancy related, but humidity sucks, Indiana on its worst semi-rainy day is so much better than the east coast! I remember when I had amazingly beautiful blonde straight hair, it was so pretty, and I saw a glimpse of it while home. Then I flew back and now it is all frizzy and stringy again. ::sigh::
What I am looking forward to: Dinner with the girls Wednesday night in the city at Zola.
Registering for more stuff, I think I am starting to get excited about that since I feel like I can choose boy stuff instead of having to be all neutral and I still may add neutral stuff but it is nice to know I have more options. I want to start to look at paint colors and make a decision on nursery furniture soon!
Milestones: Mr. Bun now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. I now feel like he’s practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. I may also discover a pattern to his activity as I get to know him better. In other developments, the Bun’s eyebrows (I wonder if they will be white like his daddy’s??) and lids are present now.
No comments:
Post a Comment