We had a very busy and productive Friday...
So now here we are at 21 weeks and 4 days and we are continuing our hunt for a daycare. We made our way to two more daycares Friday, things went pretty smoothly for the most part and we have definitely learned things from our first round of visits. We have made some decisions so wish us luck! =) In the mean time here's how things went for the last two.
Daycare #4: Great daycare, not so great wait list...story of our search. Very nice, closest location, offers a great learning program, teaches sign language lessons & art projects, and has webcams where you can check in on your little one online. Overall a really great place, but when they tell you that it will be 14-16 months of an opening that's kind of a concern.
Daycare #5: I think we may have found short term solution until we get into our number one or two choice of daycare that have lists. It was clean and the staff were nice and trained. It is very very close to my work and they welcome parents to come and stop in anytime and also allow for daytime feeding visits. They have a short wait list too, so I think it may do at least for a little while if we don't come up at the top of a wait list before I have to go back to work. So at least that is a little bit of a relief to us.
We turned in our application to daycare #3 on Friday, so we are officially on at least one wait list, it is definitely our number one choice. I think we will apply to daycare #2 as a backup. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Friday was a big day for us we also officially became members of a reform synagogue. This was a big step for us...one of the many that are to come I am sure. Wow we are grown-ups now, huh? Exciting, scary...all of the above!
So then if that weren't enough excitement for the day we made our way down to Springfield to check out Buy Buy Baby. I had heard amazing things about that store and I wanted to see if they were really as helpful and people had said that they were. WOW, this store is like boot camp for new parents in a good way. There should so be more of these stores in the country, there are not that many around but they are so great. They are owned by Bed Bath and Beyond and are like Babies-R-Us only way way better. The staff is so knowledgeable and they hand you off to different people in different departments of the store that will help you with registering and just tell you about different products and stuff. Their stroller department is AMAZING! It was such a good experience to go and start a registry there, we learned so much! Oh and they had goodie bags...who doesn't love a goodie bag! ;)
Finally we finished up the day with a three course Restaurant Week meal at Chef Geoff's in Tysons. YUM. After splurging and enjoying three different restaurants this week, Passionfish, Zola, and Chef Geoff, we are not eating out for a long long while. But they were all so good, and places that we would not have normally gone and places we would never ever think of taking a baby so ya know we gotta try 'em while we can! I am sure in my 22 week update I will have gained like 10lbs...well I hope not, but I would understand after this crazy week.
A Summery Vanilla Top
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment