Tuesday, September 15, 2009

24 weeks


How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Down 1.2lbs this week. Apparently painting is a really good workout.
Maternity clothes? Yes, though my regular black dress pants are still working for me...I got some cute new maternity jeans last week, LOVE em'!
Sleep: Not so much lately...I have been tossing and turning A LOT. Mr. Bun seems to be tossing and turning in my belly a lot lately at night as well, not the normal kick here and there, definitely more constant.
Best moment this week: Getting Mr. Bun's room painted! It looks great, we just have a little touch up work to finish up. Grandma Isaacs ordered Mr. Bun his nursery furniture this past weekend, we are super excited about that! (THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!) Grammy Sparks has been busily working on cleaning up my great grandmother's rocking chair to also go in Mr. Bun's room. (THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!)
Worst moment this week: Having to stop wearing both my engagement ring & wedding band because they won't both fit any more so it is one or the other, BOO, swelling sucks!
Waking up at 5am this morning and being super stressed out about all that I have to get done at work these days...a little overwhelmed right now. =(

Food cravings: I think I could eat mac & cheese everyday, but I suppose that is not too surprising since I felt that way before being pregnant. I could also really go for a chocolate malt milkshake, but have not given into that one.
Movement: Definitely!
Gender: Team Blue!

Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy & back.
What I am looking forward to: Relaxing a little this weekend. I am so exhausted and it is only Wednesday!
Milestones: Mr. Bun is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers