Thursday, September 10, 2009

Guest Post from Todd

Today's blog is brought to you by the letter T and the number 29.


Total weight gain/loss: Up 7 lb.
Maternity clothes? Haven't had to buy any new clothes. I usually go up and down throughout the year, but this is more like my winter coat, not summer.
Sleep: So much to do. I usually remember it just before I nod off and need to keep a list by the bed. Stacie is up and down so much that the dogs are finding me comfier. Which is good and bad because Alex snores. At least I think its Alex.

Best moment this week: I think I felt a kick on my bday! I have been jealous that Stacie has been feeling them for the past few weeks. I guess I should be happy I am not the one feeling kicks at 0'dark hundred in the morning. Her doctor said we should not only be feeling but seeing kicks within the next couple weeks.

Worst moment this week: Throwing away hundreds of kilograms of paper. Lots of it was work related and it was interesting to see where my interests/goals have changed/been shifted. Other stuff was a few things from undergrad/grad school (like my trusty back-pack). I couldn't throw most of it away. I guess I am a pack-rat when it comes to knowledge.
Food cravings: Whenever the choice is left up to me, I go for Chinese food, but that happens even when Stacie isn't pregnant. I remember blaming some junk-food on Stacie's cravings earlier in the pregnancy. I haven't really had any other couvade symptoms though.
Movement: Are we talking mood swings or baby movement? If its the latter, see above. Apparently I have a very calming touch and whenever I place my hand down on Stacie's tummy, the bun stops moving.
Gender: Our first child, is a masculine child
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out? In. Personally, I wonder if it happens slowly or all at once. One day is it recognizable as a belly-button and the next day *POP* its an outie? Ahh, the miracle of child-birth.
What I miss: Stacie drinking wine.
What I am looking forward to: Looking forward to seeing everyone in Cleveland. Plus, I had a really great idea and I am looking forward to putting it together: Instead of getting one of these baby video monitors I think I can get a webcam and a wi-fi enabled ipod touch can do the trick for the same price but much better all around. (Any advice with this sort of thing is appreciated).

Milestones: Now that the we know what gender the bun is, everything is much more real. We have chosen nursery themes, paint color, furniture, etc. Everything still needs to be obtained and/or arranged but each purchase or day cleaning feels like a step closer to welcoming the bun home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers