Friday, March 11, 2011

61 Weeks



How old? 14 Months 3 days
Weight: 24 lbs  
Sleep: Super until last night...I swear it is like he sensed that his Daddy was traveling.  He was not even close to cooperative at bedtime, even though I could tell he was soooo tired, and he was up at midnight (those darn teeth again)!  I gave him some water and rocked him back to sleep, it probably took less than 30min.  Poor kid was still sleeping this morning at 7:05am when I had to wake him up.  
This weekend is daylight savings time, so this time I actually looked up what to do, and I will NOT mess it up this time!  So tonight I am attempting to move up his bedtime to 6:30-45ish...wish me luck! 
Food: Lincoln had homemade (by me & Cyndi) Pho this past weekend.  It was super tasty and he loved it, we all did! 
Thursday I made ginger-lime glazed Salmon and fresh broccoli...he chowed down!  He is becoming a big fan of broccoli, but we've found that he'll eat freshly steamed much better than frozen.
Word List:  Mama, Dada, Daa-dee, nana (banana), uhoh, bye bye, touchdown, all done, book, night night


**Signing: more, milk, eat, all done...he consistently signs these so now we are working on a few new ones, we'll keep you all posted. :-)
Best Moment This Week: We had a jam packed weekend last week! 
We did Tot Shabbat on Saturday morning...oh my gosh I love our temple and thier programing, Ms. Nell is just the BEST!  Lincoln just loves her, he get so excited to see her and he just dances and is so joyful at Tot Shabbat services.  
After that we took a trip to the mall to...close your eyes Grammy Sparks, we are sorry...but we had to get Linc a haircut.  Gasp...his first non-Grammy Sparks haircut!  Unfortunately he was just not going to make it to Cleveland in May, don't worry Grammy I am positive that he will need a trim up by then.  So anyway we went to Cartoon Cuts and he got a cut, and it is definately a cut.  Am sure Grammy would just die, but it was good enough and he looks pretty darn cute, definitely more like a little boy.
Saturday night the lovely Ms Mary came over and watch Lincoln so that Todd & I could attend a Silent Auction fundrasier for Linc's daycare.  We had a great time and got to meet some of Lincoln's classmates/friends parents.  One couple lives very close to us and we are going to set-up a playdate soon! Yay!  We unfortunately did not win anything in the silent or live parts of the auction, boo. 
Sunday was Gymboree and we had a great time as always there and after we went to Anita's for brunch and ran into another couple and little boy from class & enjoyed chatting with them. 
And just one last thing... So I like my job and all but everyday 4pm cannot come soon enough because that means I get to go pick up my baby which is awesome in and of itself.  BUT now when I pick him up 1: he gets SO excited, he comes running from whatever he is doing and has the hugest smile & says Mama!  And 2: I get to hear from his teachers about his day, most reciently that Lincoln and his little buddies like to play hide & seek with the large pillows in the playroom and crack each other up.  His teachers keep saying they wish'd they had a camera to record them.  I am this close to donating our old camera to them so that they can...that is if I ever get a new one.
Worst Moment This Week:  Just dealing with those darn teeth!
What We're Looking Forward To: Nicer weather so that we can take Linc outside more to play & go for walks.
Setting up a few playdates for Linc w/ new friends.
Movement: It is so cute, now when I pick Linc up I let him walk himself out of the building only picking him up and carrying him once we make it to the door to the parking lot.  He thinks he is Mr. Hot Stuff...he walks around like he owns the place, lol, he loves to go visit the Center Director right before we leave.  And she loves to see him, she always gives him a big hug and tells him how proud she is of him.  Adorable.
Milestones:  Do you wonder whether your child is a healthy size?
Concerns about not weighing enough often come up because young toddlers seem to eat relatively little and "live on air." If your toddler's very active, he may take in fewer calories than he expends. He may also lose weight if he comes down with a bug. At this age, being underweight is rarely a sign of a serious underlying illness, but it's a good idea to discuss it with your child's doctor at a regular appointment if you're concerned.
In our obesity-prone era, however, you may be more worried about whether your child weighs too much. If your toddler seems chubby, remember that he's still built like a baby and will slim down as he grows taller and begins to walk and run more.
To help him develop healthy habits, serve nutritious snacks instead of sugary ones and offer lots of opportunity for active play. Encourage eating fruit and drinking water (rather than drinking fruit juice). If you have any concerns about your child's growth, talk to his doctor. She tracks your child's weight and height percentiles to make sure he stays on a healthy trajectory.
If the doctor thinks your child is too heavy, she may recommend switching to milk that's lower in fat. Don't allow your child to roam with a bottle or sippy cup of milk or juice all day long. If you do give your child juice, limit it to 4 to 6 ounces a day. (You can stretch that amount by diluting it with water.)
Whenever possible, serve finger foods instead of spoon-feeding your toddler. When he feeds himself, he learns to recognize when he's hungry and when he's satisfied. But don't restrict your toddler's intake of healthy foods unless instructed to by his doctor – he might miss out on the nutrients his growing body needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers