Friday, March 25, 2011

63 Weeks

How old? 14 Months 17 days
Weight: 24.5 lbs  
Sleep:  Pretty darn good this week.  He sure has a lot of energy to burn through at night before bed.  So much so sometimes it calls for a trip down to the basement to play for a bit before it is time to start getting ready for bed.  Gotta work those wiggles out! 
Food: I feel like I cooked alot this week but now looking back I can't seem to remember what all I made, so that can't be a good sign!  Well I know that I made delicious pork chops with rosemary wine sauce and blue cheese polenta, recipe from this blogger, one night this week and we had another slow cooker whole chicken with this recipe and more whipped cauliflower.  Lincoln enjoyed both, no blue cheese for him so he just had plain polenta and no wine sauce either (I know we are no fun).  I also made Cyndi's recipe for hamentashen and they were terrific!  And we made one of our Let's Dish dinner this week too, creamy chicken and asparagus risotto, Linc really liked this one I think he ate every little morsel in his bowl. 
Word List:  Mama, Dada, Daa-dee, nana (banana), uhoh, bye bye, touchdown, all done, book, night night, not really a word but he does "Mmmmmm mmmm" and it is seriously adorable!
**Signs: more, milk, eat, all done... his newest sign is "please" 
Best Moment This Week: I took a little time to myself and when to get my hair done down in Springfield and Todd watch Linc for the morning.  The boys went and ran a few errands which took them to Home Depot where they picked up a few things some of which were for the makings of a slide in our basement.  When they got home Todd went to work on building said slide while Lincoln napped.  It is pretty impressive, I will have to post a picture of it soon.  
Then it was Daddy's turn for some R&R, he and Uncle Matt then went to Alexandria for the afternoon to brew some beer at Shenandoah Brewing Company.  They had just as much fun choosing what kind of beer they were going to make as making it I am sure.  They decided on the Skyline Red a red ale...and in about 6 weeks from now we will taste the fruits of their labor.  
And while the men were off brewing Linc and I hit up the neighborhood Elementary School playground and had a great time, I think we will be frequenting this place quite often this summer since it is practically in our back yard.
Sunday we, er uh Lincoln, decided to get up extra early so we decided to go for the open gym at Gymboree that they had right before his normally scheduled morning class.  And in the afternoon after nap time it was time to go to our Temple's Purim Carnival.  We dressed Lincoln up like a little monkey (most kids dress up in costumes, kinda like Halloween) and went into Reston to NVHC.  They had all sorts of carnival games, Linc did best at the swimming ducks & bean bag toss.  He even won a few prizes, he really liked his pig finger puppet!  We even had a few homentashen, but they were not as good as the ones we had at home.
Worst Moment This Week:  Linc has offically learned how to unlock my phone & and made a few calls & a txt to Aunt Cyndi.  
And he also has learned to unlock the iTouch.  


When he unlocks Todd's phone is when we offically have a baby genius.  Top of the list of requirments of my next cell phone is good locking capabilities! 
What We're Looking Forward To: Checking out some great children consignment sales with Cyndi this weekend!  Hoping to score some good stuff.
Nicer weather so that we can take Linc outside more to play & go for walks.
Visiting the Reston Zoo w/ Linc and a pal.  I am so excited for him to see the animals and interact a little bit more than the first time we took him around this same time last year...*flashback*

Cherry Blossoms in DC
A visit to Cleveland - Our 6yr Anniversary & Taryn's Bachelorette party
Movement: Oh man is there movement!  We are starting a new climbing stage...
Milestones:  Ear infections 101; Is your toddler cranky? Pulling at his ear? It could be an ear infection. Two-thirds of children get at least one by the time they turn 2. If your child has been sniffling and sneezing lately, that's another sign: At least 70 percent of these infections follow a cold, because the body's natural ability to fend off bacteria is weakened. (Learn the other symptoms to watch for.)
The youngest children are more vulnerable to ear infections because their immunity hasn't fully developed yet, plus the size and shape of the still-growing Eustachian tubes in their ears makes infections more likely.

Controlling clutter; A toddler on the loose leaves a trail of clutter. Your easily distracted 14-month-old will immediately abandon a toy or other object of interest the moment something new catches his eye. To limit the damage, try using safety gates to cordon off a play area filled with lots of interesting playthings. Or keep plastic laundry bins or storage containers in every room for quick pickup of toys.
Involve your child in cleanup at the end of play, but don't expect him to do it on his own at this age. To some extent, you're just modeling the concept. Make it fun by singing a song or putting on some fun "clean-up" music while you pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers