Sunday, June 2, 2013

Team i6 Takes on Carnival Fun

Friday night after work we picked the kiddos up from their daycares and met up with the Alderson's in town for Herndon Fest.  It was a pretty hot day, I am sure it hit the 90s, and it really hadn't cooled down too much.  But even with the heat it was nice to be able to walk around the festival to see the different arts & crafts, food venders, and music going on.  Delilah stayed cool hanging out under her sunshade in the stroller.  We grabbed some food from venders and found a nice grassy spot near one of the entertainment stages and listened to some local tunes, gypsy pop to be exact, while we dined.
After food was taken care of the boys all wanted to stop by and say hello to some local police officers that were stationed at one of the entrances for security. They were kind enough to say hi & chat a little and then gave all the boys badge stickers. 

Then it was time to check out some rides.  Lincoln had been talking about the ferris wheel since we had parked the car.  He asked at least 20 times if he could go on in.  I am not sure if I won or lost the coin toss...but I was the one that went with him on it.  I don't remeber being particularly afraid of heights and maybe it was more I was terrified Lincoln was going to move around too much and fall out but I was SO terrified up there!  I had a death grip on the center poll and another death grip on Lincoln's wrist.  Poor kid had a serious red mark by the time we were done.  Every move he made I think my grip tightened.  Ugggg we were so high up!  At the very top Linc kept wanting to lean over, the kid is fearless.  He scouted out all the rides and picked exactly what he wanted to ride with his remaining tickets.

Next was the car ride, where he HAD to get the fire truck.  He was lucky and scored one of the front seats.  
Then there came the helicopters.  He rode with Daddy.  It was kind of a sight to see the adults in the teeny tiny helicopters. 
At this point a ride caught Linc's eye that I was not crazy about but he really wanted to ride it and Daddy & Linc talked me into it.  It was one of those ones where you sit in a row and it shoots you to the top and then bumps you back down...it was scaled down for little kids but still.  I am probably doing a bad job of describing.  Anyway they got it line and waited to take pictures.  And then a very sad and crying Lincoln and Daddy came through the crowd.  I thought he might have gotten scared and didn't go, no no no, nope they told him he was not tall enough.  His little heart was broken.  But alas he did find another ride, the mini dragon rollercoaster.  
And then all was better with his little world, and we had finally made it through our 15 tickets!  It was time for ice cream for the boys, and fruit smoothie for Mama, and then we called it a night. 
A very fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers