Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Fun Fall Weekend Full of Projects

All and all it has been a great weekend!

Friday night trip the the mall, Joanne Fabrics, & outlets with Cyndi...not much shopping done but good girl time! And then when we got home we made a great pumpkin caramel popcorn desert that Cyn found, it was really quite easy.
It definitely got 8 thumbs up. We highly recommend you try it!

Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn

1 3.3oz bag lowfat popcorn, popped and all un-popped kernels removed
1 Cup dry roasted peanuts
2 Cups unwrapped pumpkin spice Hershey’s Kisses (I find them at Target), (If you cannot find the kisses, substitute 1 Cup of b
utterscotch chips)
4 Tablespoons butter
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1/3 Cup corn syrup
¼ teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popped popcorn and peanuts onto a large rimmed baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with non stick cooking spray.

2. Place kisses, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a light boil. Remove from heat and pour evenly over popcorn and nuts. Gently stir to coat mixture over popcorn. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and pour onto parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces and serve. Enjoy!


Saturday we watched lots of college football & Purdu
e won, YAY! We got free burritos from Moe's Southwest Grill. And then we watched Hocus Pocus while I sat in the kitchen and made some wall art for Mr. Bun's room. I think it turned out pretty cute...I am pretty proud!

Finally Sunday we made a trip to Rockville to Buy Buy Baby to use a gift card on an awesome baby carrier that we found there, it is made by ERGO baby. It is really versatile and can be worn on the front, back, and the side. Then we checked out the Rockville area & had lunch at Noodles & Co. Then we headed home & we then began my last project for the weekend, making Halloween candy for my work. We made chocolate covered pretzels...I made the ones in the molds and Todd did pretzels dipped in peanut butter candy then dipped in chocolate. Yum! They turned out super cute! I am sure all my coworkers will love them. We probably made like 10 times what is picture...I hope they last at least until Tuesday, but I have a feeling they may not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers