Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Team i6 Takes on Delilah's First Trip to Indiana


*Editors note, I am apparently pretty terrible at remembering to take pictures...especially when I am busy catching up with everyone so there are a limited amount of pictures from this trip.  I do however apparently like taking pictures on airplanes, I guess I am that mom.



Oh oh oh the fun we had!  It was a girls trip for sure!  Lilah was just great on the plane, and even earned her wings from the pilot. Bonus: we got our own aisle since the flight attendant was nice enough to offer the guy sitting next to us to move to his own aisle one row back and he was more than happy to do so.  We got to Detroit and had a bit of a bump in plans when I had a hard time finding a good place to nurse Lilah and then our flight got delayed and then delayed again and then moved to a completely different gate across the airport and then delayed again.  Blah.  However I had never felt more validated in deciding to not try to travel alone with both kids, that would have been a little miserable.  But we finally made it to Indiana, and Grandpa Sparks and Phyllis were waiting to meet us and help us with our bags.  


We had a great visit with them and even got to see my Grandma Sparks, Lilah's Great Grandma.  And also my Aunt Mary & my cousin's little girl.  It was nice being able to relax and let them all hold and dote over Lilah and she was loving all the attention as well.
Next was on to Grammy's house where there was to be lots of visiting and catching up with friends.  I was so excited to meet up with all my old besties, Wendy, Becky, Michelle.  I miss all these girls and it was soooo nice to catch up.  I also got to see my cousin Ashley and her cute little boys.  They were so presh, I wish Linc could have been along we would have LOVED playing with them! 

Of course there was shopping.  What is a trip to Indiana with out a trip to Elder Beerman...well Carsons now but it will always be EB to me.  Mama's gotta go back to work soon and needed just a few items to perk up the ol' wardrobe.  And well then Courthouse Coffee us just conveniently located right next door so there was a trip there as well.  Grammy, Mama, and Delilah were all shopped out by the end of the day!

Grammy scheduled a little photo sesh for Miss Delilah in Wabash and we had fun playing dress up with her and getting some cute portraits and some vintage shots.
And I was able to fit in a lunch with our good friend Tammy and see Miss Haddie again.  Gosh I cannot believe how big she has gotten since we saw her last, so so cute!
All in all it was a super fun trip filled to the brim with great chats, yummy food, and a little rest thrown in there too.  I will say Lilah slept like a champ most nights, must have been the good old Indiana country air.  And all too soon it was time to pack our bag...that was now busting at the seams.  I am a little shocked that we didn't go over the baggage weight allowance for checked bags, but we were right there.
And one last picture of Delilah on the plane home, happy as a little clam.
When we made it back to Virginia we were greeted with flowers and big smiles.  And we were definitely two happy girls to be home with our two sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design byApril Showers