Friday, June 18, 2010

Week 23

Chillin Out Maxin Relaxin All Cool
(Yes, he is rocking a faux hawk, he is a trendy baby)

I'm Ready For My Close-up

How old? 5 Months 10 days
Total weight: 14.8 lbs
Baby food: Well carrots went over quite well. So far that had taken us up to 4 real foods: rice cereal, sweet potatoes, peas, & carrots. Sweet potatoes by far are the favorite! Wednesday we decided to move on to our 5th, avocados. It went well. But then when Lincoln had them for the second time on Thursday he had a slight allergic reaction to them and broke out on his chin within 2 minutes of finishing. After a consult with the Dr. on call from our practice, he seemed to be doing fine (mom & dad not so much). So NO more avocados for Linc! At least not for a good long while.
Sleep: I am gonna knock knock knock knock knock...on wood. We are still sleeping through the night awesomely! He takes a pretty big bottle before bed and then sleeps straight through til morning, this morning he was sleeping until at least 6:30/45am (well after Todd & I were up & getting ready) and then woke up all smiley and happy. We are soooo lucky!
Our only issue is diaper overflow...thank g-d for the Ultimate Crib Sheet! I am looking to figure out what we can do to help this and lessen the amount of laundry I am doing mostly due to the fact that we are going through pjs like crazy right now and he doesn't have that many that fit anyway thanks to his new growth spurt. It was suggested to me to try a Bum Genius cloth diaper just at night, so I think we're going to give that a go.
Best moment this week: We had a great Saturday, we went to the farmers market and picked up all sorts of yummy fresh veggies. Then we got all sunscreened up and went to the Celebrate Fairfax Festival, and did A LOT of walking (and sweating...it was 90+)! We had a great time, I got my turkey leg (Todd & I split one) and made a dangerous discovery of spiral cut sweet potato fry/chip things (I dream of them now). Todd found a ride/attraction that if it weren't solely for kids I think he would have bought tickets to go. *See video below.
The Hamster Dance

 Train Break

Wore Out

After all of that fun, we went back home and setup the pool for Lincoln to take a dip. And then had a BBQ with the Aldersons and Mr. Gimpel. Ummm and then after all that excitement I am pretty sure that neither Todd, Linc, or I got out of our pjs at all on Sunday. Love a lazy Sunday!
Worst Moment: I am going to go with the food allergy thing that was mentioned above. That was some pretty scary shiz.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Todd's first Father's Day is Sunday, so that will be fun. Lincoln got Daddy lots of great gifts (he really is getting handy with that credit card, gonna have to keep an eye on him) and maybe I'll get Daddy to do a guest blog sometime Sunday.

Tonight we have Daddy's Day Rootbeer float social at daycare. Lincoln is wearing his "Daddy's Little Speedster" onesie today, super cute. I have a feeling he might be dressed similarly to Lawerence (if not like 6 other kids) today...they seem to end up in the same/similar outfits regularly.
Movement: Lots. He scoots around on his tummy all over the place and he pushes up so high on his front! As soon as he figures out how to get his knees underneath himself we are in TROUBLE!
Milestones: Your baby now sees and hears the world almost as well as you do. His communication skills are expanding rapidly, too, as evidenced by his squeals, bubbling sounds, and operatic octave changes. His sounds can demonstrate his attitude or response to objects — such as happiness, eagerness, or even satisfaction with a problem well solved.
At this age, about half of babies babble, repeating one syllable — such as ba, ma, ga, or other consonant-vowel combinations — over and over. A few will even add another syllable or two, making their sounds more complex.
You can encourage your baby by babbling right back at him and by making a game of it ("The sheep says, 'baaa,'" or "The goat says, 'maaa'"). Or, when you hear a syllable you can't identify, just respond enthusiastically with something like, "Yes, that is a car! See how shiny the red paint is?" Your baby will appreciate your keeping the conversation going.
*Lincoln has been a babbling machine for weeks now. It is so cute, he'll sit in his jumperoo and "talk" to us. We work a lot on ma & da. He does ha, ga & ba pretty good already.

1 comment:

 
Blog Design byApril Showers